Tuesday 2 June 2009

Heidi 8

2nd June 2009 - happy day

Heidi’s op went well & her recovery from the aneasthetic was nothing short of miraculous; there was a little trembling & some whittering but she calmed down so quickly & has not looked back since. Yet again, Barbara’s needlework is very impressive & H has an extremely neat scar along her tummy. 3 lumps were removed; the large one, a smaller one developing behind it & a lymph node. We should get the results of the biopsies next week.

She has just had her post-op check & Barbara is delighted with her progress. She has been given permission to start walking alittle further than around the garden, but is already looking keen to get moving. Apparently the skin along her sides looked a little bruised which was possibly from the weight & movement of the big lump, so it must have been pretty uncomfortable for her. I cannot imagine the freedom she must now be beginning to experience.

R x

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, I'm Joey, a chocolate Lab and I've been having medical treatments lately stemming from being hit by a car. I also had surgery. I'm interested in communicating with other dogs who have been hospitalized or who are undergoing medical treatments and the long road to recovery. I have my own blog at www.dogsdontlookbothways.com/joeys_blog and you can post a comment anywhere that you think is relevant.

    I also have a page just for comments from other dogs. That URL is
    www.dogsdontlookbothways.com/joeys_blog/has-your-dog-been-injured. I want to help educate others and we dogs have our own voice, you know?

    I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you are strong like me!

    ReplyDelete